Next Player is an Android native video player written in Kotlin. It provides a simple and easy-to-use interface for users to play videos on their Android devices
This project is still in development and is expected to have bugs. Please report any bugs you find in the Issues section.
- Video: H.263, H.264 AVC (Baseline Profile; Main Profile on Android 6+), H.265 HEVC, MPEG-4 SP, VP8, VP9, AV1
- Support depends on Android device
- Audio: Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, ALAC, PCM/WAVE (μ-law, A-law), MP1, MP2, MP3, AMR (NB, WB), AAC (LC, ELD, HE; xHE on Android 9+), AC-3, E-AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD
- Support provided by ExoPlayer FFmpeg extension
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, TTML, VTT, DVB
- SSA/ASS has limited styling support see this issue
- Native Android app with simple and easy-to-use interface
- Completely free and open source and without any ads or excessive permissions
- Audio/Subtitle track selection
- Vertical swipe to change brightness (left) / volume (right)
- Horizontal swipe to seek through video
- Material 3 (You) support
- Media picker with folder and file view
- Control playback speed
- Zoom gesture
- External Subtitle support
- External Audio support
- Picture-in-picture mode
Contributions are welcome!
You can help translate Next Player on Hosted Weblate.
Open Source Projects
Thanks to Weblate for providing free hosting for the project.
Next Player is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0. See the LICENSE file for more information.