🍲 Foodium (Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile)
Foodium is a simple and sample mobile application built to demonstrate the use of Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile for developing Android and iOS applications using Jetpack Compose 🚀.
It simply loads posts data from API and displays them on the UI. The network API is a dummy (fixed) response which is statically hosted here. The concept of this app is originally taken from this project.
Currently, the app looks like this on the both platforms:
- Kotlin: Programming language
- Kotlin Multiplatform: For building multi-platform applications in the single codebase.
- Jetpack/JetBrains Compose Multiplatform: For a shared UI between multi-platforms i.e. Android and iOS in this project.
- Ktor Client: Performing HTTP requests, Creating image loading utility for iOS module.
- Coil: Image loading for Android
- Mutekt: For UI state management
Currently, it only shows a one Home screen with listing of posts. The following features will be integrated in the app and Work is in Progress…
- Home screen UI
- Load posts from network
- Load images from network
🚧 Work in progress
- Details screen UI
- Offline capability: Store posts data in local cache (Use SQLDelight)
- Use navigation framework
- Switch for dark/light theme.
If you want to contribute to this library, you’re always welcome! See Contributing Guidelines.
Have any questions, doubts or want to present your opinions, views? You’re always welcome. You can start discussions.
- JetBrains/compose-multiplatform-ios-android-template: For Starter template
- google/accompanist: For placeholder (shimmer animation) APIs
Copyright 2023 Shreyas Patil Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.