A dummy shopping app for learning how to use MVVM + Clean Architecture
Tech stack & Open-source libraries
- Minimum SDK level 24
- 100% Kotlin based + Coroutines and Flow & LiveData
- Android Architecture Components – Collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and maintainable apps.
- A single-activity architecture, using the Navigation Component to manage fragment navigation operations.
- Lifecycle – perform an action when lifecycle state changes
- ViewModel – Stores UI-related data that isn’t destroyed on UI changes.
- UseCases – Located domain layer that sits between the UI layer and the data layer.
- Repository – Located in data layer that contains application data and business logic.
- Android Hilt – Dependency Injection Library
- Retrofit A type-safe HTTP client for Android and Java
- OkHttp An HTTP client that efficiently make network requests
- Glide An image loading and caching library for Android focused on smooth scrolling
- Moshi Moshi is a modern JSON library for Android, Java and Kotlin. It makes it easy to parse JSON into Java and Kotlin classes.
- Room The Room persistence library provides an abstraction layer over SQLite to allow for more robust database access while harnessing the full power of SQLite.
This app uses MVVM (Model View View-Model) architecture
ShoopApp uses DummyJson With FakeProductsAPI, what you get is different types of REST Endpoints filled with JSON data which you can use in developing the frontend with your favorite framework and library without worrying about writing a backend.